Friday, August 6, 2010

Dinner!

In honor of our upcoming move to the south, I made something quintessentially southern today: fried chicken. I am not a huge fan of chicken han solo (a culinary term I just coined for "alone." read it, use it, embrace it.)--chicken battered and fried is no exception. And, as much as I wish I could say today's cooking changed these feelings, I remain unimpressed with chicken-only entrees. But, it was really fun to do some deep frying, and I did appreciate the tip I read somewhere to soak the meat in milk and vinegar overnight... that made a moist meat!



In the end, I'll keep eating drumsticks, but the Nestle variety. ;)

What was so much more scrumptious was this lovely apple tart, compliments of Ina (here). It was amaaaaaaazing and oh, so simple. YUM.


The wax paper came in very handy when rolling out the dough...


but I probably (definitely) should have taken it off the bottom before baking. Luckily I was able to pull it off, but only after much finagling and cursing. One corner did not survive the wax-paper peeler's hunger!

NOTE: Just stick with parchment paper, people. Wax is so 1950's.

No comments:

Post a Comment