Saturday, January 30, 2010

Nursery Songs

I found a great site for kids' audio in Mamalisa.

One of my favorite nursery rhymes is "Ein Vogel wollte Hochzeit machen" ("A bird wanted to get married"). I just find it so whimsical and cheery--see?



And who can resist Rolf's version?!?

Me.

The traditional lyrics just can't be replaced. Sorry, Rolf. It's like exchanging poop for chocolate ice-cream:

the bowl may be the same,






(great bowl from


but the insides are kind of crappy.

While audio resources like those on MamaLisa are great, I find it infinitely better to make my own music! Luckily, she also has sheet music for every nursery rhyme in her database! The versions are a bit simple, but more advanced copies are waiting just beyond a google search. Now I just have to learn the guitar and Rolf's particular brand of vibrato...

No comments:

Post a Comment